émlnknnkmm

Friday, September 2, 2016

Yarn Along

I'm late for Yarn Along, again...


The weather cooled down a little bit, so when the kids
 were gone for a day, I worked on my son's blanket.

And there has also been a lot or reading this week.
It's still summer break here in Luxembourg and when
 the kids are at home most of the time, 
I need different types of books.


I am reading "Yellow Crocus" by Laila Ibrahim
 on my Kindle. We go to the swimming pool at
least once a week for four hours and my Kindle
 is always in my swimming bag. 
I love reading by the pool when the kids are having fun.

This is the wonderful, heart-wrenching, 
but also heart-warming story of a young slave
 girl and her relationship with the new-born
 daughter of her white mistress. 
She moves to the big house and has to leave
 her own baby boy behind.



"All the light we cannot see" by Anthony Doerr is
 for those moments when the kids are playing 
outside and I can really concentrate on the book.
 It is going slowly, but I don't mind because
 I really want to enjoy this book.


"Thornwood House" by Anna Romer is my bedside book. Reading in bed during summer break is the best!
 The house is quiet because everybody is sleeping
 and I don't have to get up early so it doesn't matter
 if I read "just one more page" :).
I took the book for its cover
 (I love books with houses on covers). 
For me it's a page turner, I really want to find
 out what happened.