émlnknnkmm

Friday, May 9, 2014

The girl's room

We have been very busy painting and restyling
one bedroom after the other in the house. 
The first room we attacked was my daughter's.


Her pointe shoes and her dance bag on two 
old hooks from France.


An African basket from Ghana. My best friend, her godmother, gave it to her for her First Communion last year. It holds her hiphop and jazz ballet shoes and her tutu.


 These two dress form prints used to be in our bedroom, but they look better here on the red wall.


The wardrobe after decluttering
(feels so good!).


The drawer cabinet comes from my parents-in-law's farmhouse. The mirror used to be next to our 
entrance door, but I like it better here.


I still love this bed. I found the bedding set in the
supermarket for a couple of euros. I am still looking 
for a nice ballet poster to hang above the bed.


An old dress form with a cute little dress we bought in Africa. The farm hand's old night stand with new knobs. 
The toile de jouy curtains were originally made for
the master bedroom. After a couple of years we wanted something more neutral. The rooms in our house are all exactly the same size, so we decided to exchange curtains. We took my daughter's beige ones and the red ones are now in her room. These curtains are lined and we took the color of the lining for the wall paint.


Matching dress (by coincidence).


There is one empty wall left for her old wooden
desk, which is being repaired by our local
carpenter for the moment. 

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!