émlnknnkmm

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Gambibgo baskets


I like natural colors for my home, but when I came across those baskets, I knew it was time to add some color.
The baskets are handwoven in Ghana and the right name is Gambibgo baskets/pots. The difference between the Gambibgo basket and the original Bolga basket is the swivel handle that folds down flat. They are woven from naturally dyed elephant grass and they are incredibly sturdy. Every basket is one of a kind. I love them!





(www.basketsfromafrica.com)
















  

(www.africanfabric.co.uk)

I have added the links to the shops where I found them, not because they sponsor me (they don't), but because my heart beats for Africa (ànd because these baskets are really fantastic). The weavers (mostly women) get fair prices for their baskets and can feed their families because of them.