émlnknnkmm

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fashion and my shoe problem

I have very small feet: size 34.5 (US 4.5/UK 2).
And when you know that "statistically, the tallest people in the world, as measured by country are the Dutch. The average height for all adults for the Netherlands is 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 m)", you can imagine that buying shoes in the Netherlands was a nightmare for me. Shoe sizes start from 36 onwards only. I was used to wearing children's shoes and boots with extra socks.
So when the online shoe businesses started booming a couple of years ago I was so happy. Suddenly I had access to every small-
size shoe brand in Europe.
So, having a long history of ill fitting shoes, I easily get carried away on Amazon.de.




















Last week I found these cool Fly London sandals on sale for €34.50 (normally €100 +). I loved the colors. I don't have a lot of clothes in this color, but they could easily be combined with black or white and accessories in the color of the shoes.




















Even before the shoes were delivered I found this tunic in the shopping mall. I wasn't prepared to find a tunic in exactly the right colors. I had to take it home with me! A day later the shoes were delivered and they perfectly matched the dress! And did you notice the flower brooch I made with the tiny felt flowers...? Such a beautiful combination!




















All was perfect.....except for the heels. They are high, 11 cm high. And although I love the sandals, the heels are just too high for me. I feel a bit, well, cheap wearing them. I cannot see myself running to the busstop or having coffee with a friend wearing those heels. So with a little sadness I am returning the shoes and the tunic tomorrow.