émlnknnkmm

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Listening right now - MoZuluArt



Our adopted children both have 50% Zulu blood running through their veins. The Zulu are the largest ethnic group in South Africa. They are well known for their brightly colored beads and lovely woven baskets.

MoZuluArt is a fusion between classical music and traditional Zulu music. I love the soft click sounds of the Zulu language.



Since the adoption we have become very interested in Zulu culture and it is my dream to understand the language. I bought this language course several years ago and it is my new year's resolution to finally make a start.



There is one more picture I have to show you. It was taken in Lesedi Cultural Village, a park where you can get to know the various tribes and their traditions. Please zoom in on the Zulu baby at the left. So funny! Have you ever seen a baby like that? He looks a lot like his father, doesn't he?!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm stopping by from OWOH. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures. I have a friend from Africa and those baskets look like some she had in her house.

    Since your blog is titled "A storn inside my head" I wanted to share the story of my name. My parents were living on a boat when I was born (I lived there until I was 10) so they named me Gale, which means "a storm on the sea." :-) I'm sure I provided them with pleanty of 4:00 am storms *smile*.

    ReplyDelete