émlnknnkmm

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The painter - my great-grandfather


I have blogged before about my great-grandfather who was an artist, a talented painter. This morning I took the time to make some scans of a booklet dedicated to him and his work on his 80th birthday. He was born in 1856 and died in 1938.



^ Self portrait - drawing signed and dated October 1926 (70 years).



^ Self portrait - oil painting unsigned.



^ Oil painting signed and dated 1936 (80! years old). My grandfather looked just like his father.



^ Portrait from his wife - oil painting unsigned.



^ His son Karel (my grandfather!) - drawing signed and dated 6th April 1934. He was a violinist and pianist. He died at the age of 99.



^ His son Jan (architect and violin maker) - drawing signed and dated 1928.



^ His father - oil painting unsigned (can you imagine, he is my great-great-grandfather).



^ His mother (my great-great-grandmother) - drawing 15th augustus 1903.

1 comment: