émlnknnkmm

Friday, March 14, 2014

My new cupboard


We finished the house extension almost exactly
two years ago. At the same time we built a
 wall in our old living room to create a small 
studio for me.


Especially the wall right next to my 
studio door looked very empty.


In my mind I knew exactly what kind of cupboard
I was looking for to fill up the corner,
I just had to find it somewhere.


And so I searched.....for months.


And then, a couple of weeks ago, 
I saw "my cupboard" here.


It was exactly what I had in mind! 
Even the color was perfect!


I absolutely love old furniture with glass doors.


It was delivered two weeks ago and after 
cleaning it up I started the decorating part
(my very favorite thing to do).


This is the result.
The lady on the painting is my great-grandmother. 
The old cookie tins, the hat stands and the bank
 safe deposit tin come from Holland.
The flour barrel from the US. 
The turned wooden candle sticks, the silver
food cover and the double hat box from the UK.
I found the metal crates in Germany. 
They come from a company producing shoe lasts
(it holds my table linnen). 
The glass bottles on top of the cupboard come
from our local supermarket. 

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!