émlnknnkmm

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My great grandfather

My great-great grandparents had six children, three boys and three girls. Their third child was my great grandfather, the painter.

When I found this picture on the internet (totally by coincidence), I recognized him immediately (front row, 2nd right). It was taken on the occasion of my great-great grandparents' 40th wedding anniversary (1891).


I contacted the person who put this picture on the internet and he appeared to be a descendant of one of the girls. He gave me some really valuable information and he also sent me the email address of somebody else, who appeared to be a descendant of the youngest daughter of the family (thank God for the internet!).


One week before Christmas there was a cd in my mailbox, full of old family pictures.The oldest picture, the painter as a young boy, dates from around 1870 probably. It is the only picture I have ever seen of him without a moustache.




He was quite a handsome man. 
My grandfather, his youngest child, looked so much like him.
These old photos are priceless (thank you Johan)!