émlnknnkmm

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Amsterdam - Part 2

A cruise on Amsterdam's canals is a must for any visitor. It made me feel like a real tourist.


You cannot leave Amsterdam without having eaten an Indonesian "rijsttafel" (rice table).


We visited the Rembrandthuis. It is the house 
where one of Holland's most famous painters
 - Rembrandt van Rijn -  
lived and worked for 20 years. 
The house was fascinating.


This is the room where he used to work.


I could have stayed and listened for hours 
(but we had an 8 and a 10 year old in the group).


One of the shops you should visit in Amsterdam is the "Knopenwinkel" (Button Shop).


Love the door!


Thousands of buttons!
So inspirational.


There are "brown cafés" (dark wood and smoke-stained walls) on every corner. We tried quite a few of them.


This shop is called "Gastronomie Nostalgie" and
it is FULL of glass and silverware.
Oh my gosh, I wish I could have stayed there forever.
So, so beautiful.


We bought this old silver cookie jar as a 
souvenir of our visit.


And then there is one more shop I liked a lot.
It is called "De Posthumus Winkel" and it is all
about (art) stamps and paper. 
I bought some rubber stamps and
stamp pads in gold and silver to start
Christmas crafting with the kids.


It was fun!


Amsterdam, we'll be coming back.