émlnknnkmm

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Help


One of the packages under the Christmas tree contained this book. It was on top of my wish list. It is the German translation of "The Help" and I have heard so many people talk about it.


But before I started the book, I saw that the movie came out in Luxembourg last weekend. I decided to see the movie first and then read the book, because my experience is that the book is normally better than the movie.


It is a rather long movie (almost 2 hours 20 mins), but I loved every second of it. It is amazing, awesome, funny, sad, shocking (especially as being a mom to two black children)..... During the last scene (you know, where people normally start putting on their coats), as Aibileen walks away, you could hear a pin drop and nobody moved until the very last moment.
Highly recommended!