émlnknnkmm

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My great-grandfather



This is J. Visser Jr. (1856-1938), my mother's grandfather, which makes him my great-grandfather. He was a well-known artist in the Netherlands.


I have always been interested in art and I like to think that the creative "storm inside my head" finds its origin in this branch of my family tree.


Some years ago my husband and I started a search for his artwork throughout the Netherlands. We have gathered a lot of information already and we
have even found and bought some of his paintings. The first self-portrait unfortunately is only a copy of the archives of the city of Amsterdam, but the other two are in my possession and I am so happy about that.
More to come.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is an older post, but I hadn't seen it and had to tell you how incredible I though it was. What a blessing to have a few of his paintings. I think he's quite handsome!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete